Welcome to the Duncan Public Schools student transfer page. We appreciate your interest in our schools. We do our best to welcome additional students to our district whenever it is possible.
Duncan Schools makes decisions about student transfers in accordance with district policy and state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below; however, we are providing the following information for your convenience:
- The Oklahoma State Department of Education requires that the following online form be completed to apply for a transfer: Student Transfer Application Form
- Parents who need access to technology to complete the online form can visit our Central Enrollment office at 212 N. 9th
- The district will begin accepting transfer applications for the upcoming school year the week following spring break. Decisions about transfers for the upcoming school year will be made in August. We will contact parents directly about the approval status of their student’s transfer.
- New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Students who attended the district on a transfer during the current school year will be automatically accepted pending approval from the district and do not need to complete a new application. The law also gives preference to children of active-duty military personnel.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade requested must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found below.
- Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance and discipline issues.
- Transfers for siblings will be considered separately.
- If the grade a student requests is over capacity, he/she will be offered the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list.
- Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA-sanctioned activities.
- Transfer decisions may be appealed by following the appeal process described in Duncan Public Schools policy #6023.
If you have any questions about the transfer process, please contact enrollment at 580-252-6801
Transfer Application Form
DPS Transfer Policy #6023